NEVER say die! SAL HOSPITAL DOCTORS prove yet again that nothing is IMPOSSIBLE!!

NEVER say die!

SAL HOSPITAL DOCTORS prove yet again that nothing is IMPOSSIBLE!!

 

            

 

A 41 year old from Gandhidham, Kutchh had swallowed metal cap of soft drink bottle in June 2014. He was getting severe throat pain but no obstruction to passage of food or water. His blood investigations & ECG was normal. X ray was showing Foreign body in esophagus. Patient had developed esophageal wall abscess.

There were PREVIOUS MULTIPLE FAILED attempts of removal at other Hospitals.

Cap was removed by Dr. Sanjay Rajput (Gastroenterologist) ,  Dr. Tushar Shah (Cardio vascular & thoracic surgeon) & OT team at SAL hospital on 2nd April with on the spot improvised combined fiber optic & rigid Oesophagoscopic techniques. It was unique anaesthesia technique where we extubated twice during the procedure for allowing rigid oesophagoscope to be passed by Dr Tushar shah, apart from giving GA twice. GA twice is not unusual, it is extubation & managing without tube is well thought of strategy.

Patient will be discharged in 3 days & will be relieved from all foreign body complications. 

              

            

 

Back to top