Whether you are visiting SAL Hospital for a one-day minor surgical procedure or a long stay, we want to ensure you have all the information you need to make your time with us as comfortable as possible.
Inpatient Admission Procedures and FAQs
Please inform the inpatient office of the date of your proposed admission, if this has already been agreed upon between you and the doctor. Otherwise, please discuss and decide with the inpatient office a suitable date for your admission. The inpatient office should be contacted well in advance so that necessary formalities and other procedures can be completed prior to your admission.
Various categories like Semi-Special, Special, Deluxe, Super Deluxe, Suite & different ICUs are available for the indoor accommodation. Admission offices will help you to choose your desired class of room/bed and accommodation.
The checkout time is 12.00 noon. The patient's diet is included in the room/bed charges. Operation charges and doctor's charges are subjective to the class chosen.
- All the rooms are air-conditioned with a Color TV having a cable connection, telephone and hot water facility in the washroom.
- Semi-Special rooms are twin sharing with a common wash room. Special rooms are single occupancy with a space for the attendant and an attached washroom.
- Deluxe rooms are bigger rooms with single occupancy and a dedicated area for the attendant with a refrigerator and a dedicated area for the attendant. Super Deluxe rooms have an additional room for relatives.
- Suite rooms have dedicated areas for the patients, attendant and also have a dining area.
- A set of linen is provided in Special rooms and also for the patient's attendant. For Semi-Special rooms, linen will be issued at night against the attendant’s pass.
- For patient's attendants, dining facility is available in cafeteria located at the ground floor.
- For activation of Local, STD and ISD facilities in rooms, please contact 555/999
- House phones are available in waiting areas
Whilst most surgical patients are admitted in the morning of the planned surgery, some conditions require pre-operative preparations and anaesthetic evaluation which necessitate coming into hospital a day earlier.
In most cases, you will be asked to arrive at the hospital for admission about two hours prior to your scheduled surgery. When you arrive, please come to the Admissions office. Do not forget to bring your admission form, insurance card, and identification card with you to speed up the admission process. Present this to the receptionist when you arrive.
The hospital provides dressing gowns. You may however, wish to bring your own clothes, bedroom slippers and toiletries. Clothing should be loose and preferably front-opening.
We recommend that you leave all valuable items at home.
All patients are required to fill the registration Form and Admission Slip at the time of admission. The sign of first and second relatives will be valid in the Admission Form. (Registration fee INR 300/-). On admission, an In-Patient Number (IP. No.) will be generated and the same is to be quoted for any enquiry. Admission note from your doctor will help us in making procedure smoother and faster.
On admission, deposit is to be submitted at Patient Billing Department as per following schedule. The amount depends on the class selected and the case type. You will be reminded for further deposits from time to time when deposited amount is utilized. Payments are accepted only by Cash/Demand Draft/Local Pay Order/Credit card.
A patient can be discharged from the hospital only on the advice of the treating consultant. It would take at least 2 hours for the various discharge formalities to be completed. As soon as the bill is ready, the billing department will call you in your room. You are kindly requested to wait in your room till then. Discharge authorization slip will be handed over to you only after settlement of final bills in the billing section. The nursing station, on producing the discharge authorization slip, shall give all reports and other documents to you. Please don’t forget to sign into the register after collecting all necessary reports from nursing station.
- Patients are able to schedule an outpatient appointment at SAL Hospital either through our appointment phone numbers, or by requesting an appointment digitally
- In case of an emergency please come to our 24-hour Accident & Emergency department or call (Emergency no) for further guidance.
- When arriving for your appointment please check in at the designated reception desk
- Please try to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment so we can deal with any formalities prior to your appointment
- Patients arriving late for their appointments are considered a walk-in patient and their appointment waiting time might increase considerably. In certain circumstances, visits may need to be rescheduled
- Not arriving for an appointment without prior notice deprives others from obtaining an appointment at the clinic. Kindly call in advance to cancel or reschedule your appointment if required.